Investors Information and Risk Warning
Risk Warning for Film Investment
At Hulahoop, we are committed to bringing unique film investment opportunities to our community of accredited investors and high net worth individuals. We take pride in our role as co-producers, meticulously selecting and nurturing projects that we believe have potential.
However, it's important to recognize that film investment, like any venture into startups or the stock market, carries inherent risks. The value of your investment can fluctuate, and you may not recover the amount originally invested. The performance of a film in the market is subject to a variety of factors, including audience reception, distribution success, and competition, all of which can be unpredictable.
We encourage our investors to consider the following:
- Investment Volatility; The entertainment industry is known for its volatility. While a film can achieve significant success, it can also face unforeseen challenges.
- Liquidity: Investments in films are not as liquid as stocks. Exiting the investment may not be immediate and could depend on the film’s lifecycle and distribution agreements.
- Diversification: As with any high-risk investment, diversifying your portfolio can mitigate risk. Film investment should be a part of a broader investment strategy.
- Expertise: We leverage our expertise to select and co-produce compelling stories, but the success of a film cannot be guaranteed.
Hulahoop acts as an intermediary between producers and investors and not as an investment company. We are actively working to obtain CNMV licenses and establish agreements with CNMV-approved companies. This is our primary focus at the moment. Our mission is to facilitate connections between producers and potential investors while strengthening our platform and regulatory compliance.
By investing with Hulahoop, you acknowledge the risks involved and affirm that you have the necessary understanding and capacity to bear such risks. We recommend consulting with your financial advisor to ensure that film investment aligns with your overall investment objectives and risk tolerance.
Invest wisely, and be part of the story that unfolds on the silver screen.
Investor Self-Certification Guide for Hulahoop
Welcome to the exciting world of film investment at Hulahoop! Before we roll out the red carpet for you, we need to ensure that we're all following the same script when it comes to investment regulations. Here's a simple guide to help you self-certify as an investor with us:
You might be a Sophisticated Investor if you:
- Are part of a business angel network, actively investing for at least six months.
- Have made multiple investments in unlisted companies or through equity crowdfunding recently.
- Have professional experience in private equity or financing small to medium enterprises.
- Have been a director of a company with a turnover of €1 million or more in the last two years.
As a Sophisticated Investor, you acknowledge that:
- You're comfortable receiving financial promotions outside the usual regulatory checks.
- You understand the high-risk nature of investments and the potential to lose significant funds.
- You're aware that seeking advice from an investment professional is your responsibility.
High Net Worth Individual
You're likely a High Net Worth Individual if:
- Your annual income recently exceeded €100,000.
- Your net assets, excluding your primary residence (unless you owe more than its worth), are €250,000 or more.
By being a High Net Worth Individual, you recognize that:
- You may receive financial promotions that haven't been vetted by an authorized regulator.
- You're aware of the risks involved, including the possibility of losing your assets.
- It's up to you to seek out professional investment advice.
Accredited Investor (Europe)
In Europe, an Accredited Investor is someone who:
- Is a "family office" with substantial assets under management.
- Represents an institutional fund with significant investments in various assets.
- Holds a portfolio of €500,000 or more, excluding property and pension rights.
- Has worked in the financial sector for at least one year in a professional position requiring knowledge of investment services.
As an Accredited Investor, you're stepping into a realm of high-reward but also high-risk opportunities. You understand that:
- Financial promotions may reach you without the usual regulatory endorsements.
- The stakes are high, and there's a real chance of substantial financial loss.
- You have the option to consult with a financial advisor to navigate these waters.
Embarking on an investment journey with Hulahoop means embracing the potential of the film industry, with all its glitz, glamour, and risks. If you're ready to take the spotlight, self-certify your investor status, and let's start this adventure together!